Thursday, November 09, 2006

How i got Diagnosed with M/S.


Well, last year in July, i was diagnosed with M/S. "officially diagnosed" anyways. It happened at CDYC(central distract youth conference) I started going numb on my left side, but didn't really think too much of it. It's weird now that i look back on it. I never really thought anything of it, it seemed so odd. And to be honest, i am not one to complain about any kind of physical ailment. But, i did tell my parents, and as soon as i got home(on a sunday) my family physican ordered an MRI. It showed massive brain and spinal cord lesions(open sores in the spinal fluid,and in nerve tissue) I was immideatly admitted to the hospital, and after some very uncomfortable nights in the hospital and a spinal tap. It was OFFICIAL. Multiple Schelerosis. Just like that. sense then the M/S has taken a very aggressive course. Effecting my cognitive skills(mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning.) Also physical abilities, like currently my hearing and vision is being effected. Thats why i am on so many friggin Steroids(I HATE STEROIDS) but i know it's for my best. Okay, so thats how it happened. Now M/S is pretty much a daily part of my life, i wake up and go right to my medicines. ;) lots of medicines.

No comments: