Monday, November 05, 2007

accomplishments.

Sometimes random thoughts pop into my head; seemingly out of no where. This happened today when I was working out….well, I guess I could have heard it in a song I was listening to, but I don’t remember that being the case. I am pretty sure it just came out of no where.

What is my greatest accomplishment? Hummmm, this plagued me because I consider myself having many accomplishments. It’s not bragging either; I have just been blessed with having experienced many things. I consider many of them accomplishments. BUT, what is the greatest? I had to ask a bunch of friends to get a better appreciation on what’s important. These are some of the amazing and heart hitting answers I got.

Lauren Perigo said, "Probably have to say the school I have paid for and completed thus far."

Alex Ehle said, "Celebrating life."

Holly Eggelston said, "Starting an equestrian team at her college."

My sisters roommate, Traci Benett said, "Going to school and starting her career."

Tyler Morningstar said, “I think it’s living my faith. It’s an on going accomplishment.”

My sister Merideth said, "Being able to be friends with mom."

My friend Derek Dailey said, "The greatest accomplishments in his life are the ones no one else see's. They are the ones that are spiritual, emotional and psychological."

My friend Eric Leber said, "I guess I always considered my accomplishments to be nothing more than circumstantial so ideally my greatest actual accomplishment will come in the future.

My friend Erin Murphy said, "Being with my mother while she's sick. It's a very humbling and life changing experience to watch the closest person in your life slowly fading away.

My best friend Jared said his greatest was, "being the best at Blades of Glory!" (video game)

After I put some thought into it, and looked at my life. And thought about the accomplishments of others and thought about where I was, and where I am now. I have to say that my greatest accomplishment is loving people. I use to be very selective in who I chose to give my love to. It still manages to be a struggle at times for me, but I do consider it my greatest accomplishment as of yet. A lady named Carolyn Arends wrote a song called, “They’ll Know we are Christians.” Part of it says this:
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord

And we pray that all unity may one day be restored

And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love

They will know we are Christians by our love

It’s so vital to show love to everyone. Hillbillies, ghetto thugs, dirty people, blind people, homosexuals, LOUD people, quiet people, racists, prideful people, everyone! I have found that actions really do speak louder than words in most every circumstance. This is my challenge: “LOVE ALL PEOPLE IN ALL SITUATIONS”

I can't sleep tonight. Well, I guess I could sleep a bit, but I want the EEG to go really well tomorrow so i'm not going to. Ya see, they have to test my brain waves while I sleep tomorrow, and the only way I am going to be able to sleep on command is if I am extremely tired. The only way I will be extremely tired is if I get NO sleep tonight. Wonder what I'll do to pass the time.

No comments: