Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What is it about pOEms?

There is something about poems that make describing emotions, people, fears and life so much easier. Easier than just talking normally. I like poems that rhyme, they seem a lot more intellectual than ones that don’t. I’m sure “real” writers could find a great amount of reasons why that isn’t true, but to me, I prefer rhyming poems than not. I wrote a poem for Lauren tonight. It proved to be quite difficult because I had to pick and choose what I wanted to enlighten her about. I wanted to describe some beginning emotions without going overboard. I think it turned out pretty good, but I can’t share it on here. I sent it to her privately.

Young Life was good tonight. It was not a big deal at all, but I felt a little left out. After the leaders and staff have dinner, Tom & Josh(YL Staff) go over the evening’s activities. They would go over everyone’s role, and I kept feeling left out. For instance, they did little skits that the leaders acted out. At one point, Tom was sitting right across from me and he was like, “ohhh we just need one more person for this part”…….. looked right at me, and then chose one of the other guys. I don’t know if I just need to speak up more, and say out right, INCLUDE ME. Or if I just need to let more time go by and allow the staff to see how much I want to be included by my actions and interactions with the kids. I suppose time really will tell.

When I got home from Young Life, I had a great phone conversation. I feel comfortable saying that Lauren and I definitely are interested in each other. But one thing that is important to me, is to wait. There is no hurry, and in past relationships, when I tended to rush into things, they failed miserably. This is what I need to do. Trust that God is in control of all things, RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDED, and just be a man of God. I have a feeling, that if I practice this, well things will just fall into place.

Golley Gee I am ready to get my butt back to work. I can’t wait for Monday to stroll around. I am so ready for some kind of challenge. I have nothing right now. Going to feel nice to be back in the “GRIND” of work again.

No comments: