Sunday, November 25, 2007

your grace is enough

I have a the song, Your Grace is Enough by Chris Tomlin stuck in my head. It is such a great song, and when I sing it, I believe the words. I am filled by what the words mean.

This morning I picked up Lauren (that is so cool that I can say that now) and we went to her old church, Calvary Chapel. They meet at North Side High School in Fort Wayne. It was an amazing service, and the Pastor was a very passionate speaker. I was absolutely enthralled by the message, and took a lot from it. It hit on some areas that I was struggling to understand or see in situations I ran into last week. It is so refreshing when you can walk away from a lesson from scripture and say to yourself; “ohhhh, yeah I get it now God.” The message was on what the World View is, and what our Biblical World View SHOULD BE. I have to share my notes, because they are so good. I also have to note that I believe that the Bible is pure, unadulterated, unquestionable truth given to us by the father so that we may be like him. I think questioning any part of the Bible is a sin, and shows lack of faith. If God is amazing enough to part the Red Sea, then he is amazing enough to bring us PURE TRUTH in text form, even through all the time and translations and humans who wrote it.

World View
Materialism -Luke 12:15
Narcissism/Individualism or me first mentality. Matthew 16:24(deny thy self)
Hedonism or feel good life style Proverbs 21:17
Pluralism/Pragmatism or whatever works for you life style. Proverbs 16:25
Atheism or God does not exist, and if he does, he doesn’t matter approach. Romans 1:20-22
Humanism “YOU are your own GOD”
The sincerity myth, as long as you’re a good person, it’s all good. John 14:6
The situational myth, Morals change depending on the circumstances. Luke 10:27

Biblical World View
Learn the truth. Proverbs 23:23
Discern what is false. 1 John 4:1
Turn from the world, to the word. Proverbs 15:14
Concern yourself with God’s agenda. 1 Corinthians 14:20

I went to Collateral tonight after a Young Life meeting (which was great and very motivating) and we studied some more about Elijah. We studied it in the really awesome format that we used last week. An open forum where all are included, I took some killer notes there, but I am just too tired, and I am going to go to sleep. :-)

No comments: