Tuesday, November 13, 2007

READ IT MAN!

Today at work I was read to for the most part. He wouldn’t just read, but read and explain. I would read and take notes. I would say at least a good 7 hours of being read to. I did get a little hands on action, and we checked out this really sweet truck with a massive sleeper cabin. I took a really cool picture of it, but then my phone/computer froze and I guess it just didn’t save. It looked like this though. This is what the cabin looks like in the semi truck. Like if the driver was in the driving seat, and took a camera and took a picture towards the back. This is what it would look like. Washer/Dryer, range, oven, microwave, refrigerator & freezer, bathroom with shower, table and a pretty big bed. Super nice!


When I got home I got a packet in the mail from the Indiana Center for M/S with information about Tysabri. They needed my signature for many things giving my consent to start asking permission from my insurance if I can start this drug. I am so hesitant though. Something inside me tells me that something isn't right about this drug. The Warning isn't very comforting either. I scanned it directly out of the packet they sent me.

If it is too small for you to read, this is what it says.

TYSABRI increases your chance of getting a rare brain infection that usually causes death or severe disability. This infection is called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). No one can predict who will get PML. Your chances may be higher if you are also being treated with medicines that weaken your immune system. If you use TYSABRI alone to treat your MS, it is not known if your chance of getting PML will be lower. Nor is it known if the length of time on treatment with TYSABRI increases your chance of getting PML. There is no known treatment, prevention, or cure for PML. If you take TYSABRI, it is important to call your doctor right away if you have any new or worsening medical problems. Tell all of your doctors that you are getting treatment with TYSABRI.

It goes on to say that Tysabri is given to people who have not been helped by "traditional treatments." I don't know what to do. I trust God 100%, but I still need to make a decision. I pray that I make the right one.

2 comments:

YL Leader Blog said...

Hey whats up man! I'm glad the new gig is working well thus far - you should keep clicking off tons of pics of the place until they get real suspicious and give you little strange looks. When they ask why, tell them the boss from your other job is paying you to collect info. This would lead to great and pure awkwardness of which I am a big fan.

Yours

YL Leader Blog said...

yeah, i might have just posted a comment, or it might have malfunctioned. i can't possibly repeat the info...so i won't. just know, it was good. these internet machines are tricky.