Saturday, November 24, 2007

I still got it.

(These pictures were taken at a very close range, but there was a window between me & the geese, I don't think they could see through it either.)

Today at work, I learned something about geese, just by observing how they interact with each other and their environment. We have a couple of ponds and a lot of grass areas at work, so it is a geese haven. They use it kind of like a truck stop while they head South. I know this because they aren’t around for very long; maybe 3 or 4 hours. They usually group up with each other in small groups of 3 to 5 and get, what seems to be some rest. They do it in the most peculiar way though. As both pictures show, they only stand on 1 foot, or webbed thingy, I don’t know the actual term for a duck foot. But, I know they only stand on one at a time; pretty darn good balance too. They curl their neck back and stuff it in their feathers, probably to keep them as warm as possible. But, one of the geese always keeps watch out over the others. They take turns doing this and they nibble on the grass and my left over Ham Sandwich. They seem like very reliable creatures, and they are continually watching each others back. I respect the GOOSE now, after observing this. Also, I would not want to make one angry. They could totally rip your jugular right out of your throat. They have some fierce claw action!

Lauren came over and we hung out until the clock struck midnight and my license was officially UN-SUSPENDED!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! I can not think of a way to properly thank Dave and Tammy for giving me the smurf mobile. I am already in love with this car, mostly because it has given me so much of my freedom and independence back. It may sound silly, but I feel like I got a piece of myself back today. I am a driver, and the last year and 2 months really sucked horribly. I took it in strides, and stayed positive. The waiting paid off and now I am going to keep this privilege. I felt like king of the road driving down Maplecrest with my Christmas music playing loud and proud. I make the decisions where to turn now, I decide how fast to go, and when is a good time to start breaking. I don't have to feel tense about someone else being in charge of my attendance. It's on me, and I feel FINE. I could sing a song to describe how happy it makes me to be driving again.

I have a good life. I am quite thankful.

No comments: