Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It can't be....can it?

This morning we had the kids color pictures and enter them into a contest. I was asked by several children why I wasn’t drawing a picture. I responded, “Well, I don’t know, I guess I can draw a picture.” So I did. Here it is in all its beauteousness.There is my little Mexican Boy. Starting off this morning I had a horrible head ache(first oddity). It was not a normal feeling pain either. I know this pain, and it is the pain before the MonSter attacks. Immediately I told myself, that I mustn’t think like that. It is always best to keep an optimistic point of view. What good does worrying do? So, I go to class and gain insight and humor from my Eng W233 prof. He does such a great job of connecting the class together. I look at the way people watch him when he speaks, and they know he cares for them. Being sincere has such a way to impact people, a beautiful thing really.Well, as soon as class was over I had to go to the little boys room. This is where I started to lose my optimism for just a moment. I had to go to the restroom, it was getting close to being and EMERGENCY. I held my composure though, then when I stood at the toilet..........nothing is happening. I have to go so badly, but my body is locking up on me. I thought I was done having this problem!! I thought this was in the past, that I didn't have to worry about this anymore because of the Tysabri. I think I thought wrong. I prayed over it, and went to Snider to get in some contact work during their lunch times.This is the entrance of the High School that I always go through. I met up with some kids that I am starting to form relationships with, and it made my day to see them. It's all worth it right there, to see a kid have his day brightened just because someone chose specifically to impact him or her. That is what it is all about. Relational ministry is a very real and powerful thing. Quoting scripture and biblical knowledge has it's place, this shouldn't ever be overlooked. BUT, it's the "people aspect" that I thrive on. God is going to do so much through Young Life this year, I can just sense it.

I went back to work, and my head was pounding, and my urine was trickling. BUT, the kids always make me so happy. The "possible" health issues aren't anything big either. The pure fact that I am even mentioning them is more or less because I want to have documented evidence for my Neurologist and my own records. When work got out, I went and saw my cousin Matt. If you are an avid reader, you might remember Matt from this post, ~CLICK ME~ Well, because matt just recently went through some serious drama with his sister and her estranged boy friend/babies' daddy. Well, he got the boot, and is now living in a motel in a place that I can not mention just in case someone is reading.......Anyways, here is matt now.Now if you click on that picture, you might be able to enlarge it and see the war wounds from the accident. He has a gnarly scar that runs right through his right eye. God bless him he is trying hard. I told him, "man we are family, I am going to do everything I can to help you out." He just needs support and love to help keep him out of "THAT LIFESTYLE." I remember praying over him when he was coming in and out of consciousness while in the hospital. I have real love for him, and he is trying so hard to do right. I have to respect that, and do all that I can to help him where he is at. What a great ministry opportunity as well. If you pray, say a prayer for my cousin Matt. That God provides, and that Matt takes in order to better himself.....whatever that may mean.

No comments: